Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Radical Dreamer came back to live

As I mentioned one month back, I was on a study/travel mission for one month and I promised I will share heaps of pictures and experience in my blog.

Well let's first go through them one by one..

My first destination was London..I had four days there and we went to all the must-visit-place such as Buckingham palace, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, Madam Tussaunds, London & Tower Bridge and Harrods with the Knightsbridge shopping area. Lucky for us we had many days to spare, we took a day tour to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath- the roman city. So basically I have covered most of the London. Overall I find that London is a city which is kinda overrated and things are pretty expensive. As for the food, it is pretty expected and standard. Maybe I have stayed in Melbourne for a while, the feeling London gave me was pretty similar to Melbourne so for London A I would rate it 4 out of the four countries I've visited.

Here is the link to the photos from London:

My second destination was Paris, the whole trip was pretty rushed and short. We took Eurostar from London to Paris and the entire journey took 2 hours only. Pretty impressive huh. Wait.. Have I forgot to mentioned that I got a really bad bruise on my left leg when I was carrying my 20 kg luggage up the train. I fell on the platform..On top of that don't be deceived by the cool ride. I had a really bad first impression once I got down from the train at the Paris main train station. We totally had no idea how the entire subway worked and how exactly to get to our hotel. So our natural instinct was to ask the information counter and guess what?! Although they spoke English (really badly) they were rude as well maybe because we spoke in English. (French hates English). We had hard time understanding her instruction and had a really hard time getting to the subway near our hotel. While we were at the subway my hand got caught at the barrier and I was yelling for help and no one bothered to help me because they were just simply shouting French at me and I freaking don't understand a crap. There goes my second bruise. Great just got to Paris already injured on leg and hand. What's next!? Oh yeah.. rainy weather... yes alongside with our 20 kg luggage searching for our deserted hotel. The fact that no one speaks English just made things worst. We were drenched, tired, cranky and battered when we finally found our hotel. OK enough of my series of unfortunate encounter in Paris.
Because we only had two days in Paris, we were on express tour plan and we only visited the must see places such as Museum Du' Lourve, Eiffel Tower, Versailles Palace and Arc de triomphe. I guess that was enough for our tour in Paris. Oh yeah not to mentioned, the food in Paris is YUMMMM! it was definitely 10x better than English food and don't expect to find any asian food along. And for you girls out there, Paris is definitely a shopping heaven. Prepare enough Euros before heading to this city because I can guarantee that once you start shopping you can't stop!
I really likes the whole romance city of love in Paris concept apart from the people unfriendliness and language barrier. I would like to go back to France one day and visit the souther part which is Monaco. I would rate this destination 2 out of 4.

Check out pictures from Paris:



No comments: