Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happiness is Independent

I was in the hospital today for a consultation earlier. I saw a poster about fighting depression.

Can't believe that depression is such a serious sickness that people actually post awareness about it. After all some people believes depression could be the source of other more sever ailments such as heart attack, cancer, suicidal attempts, stroke, high blood pressure etc.

Not sure if I suffered from depression before, but I believe it is as contagious as any other viruses or bacterial. It does not attack physically but mentally and emotionally, which is even more prone than any physical way.

I believe the ultimate cure to depression is to stay happy. People nowadays find it so hard to be happy. Because of stress from family? work? relationships?

For me, I think happiness is the key to a happy and healthy living. I tried to understand ways of staying happy and in my foundings I realised that happiness should be independent of people and objects. It is a selfish thing. Being happy means doing yourself favour and not let others affect you. It's like doing whatever your heart desire without worrying about what other thinks or how it would end up. It's a feeling of believing, hoping and never looking back and regretting.

If you're an adult, you should held accountable for yourself and not let anyone destroy this accountability you have because this can be the very thing that will keep your life happy and more meaningful.

No comments: