Sunday, June 20, 2010

Uncle Phillip

It's been a while since I have felt being pampered and so well treated by someone. I am so amused at myself of how I fear for this day would come when my uncle Phillip will come to Melbourne. Well, Uncle Phillip is my uncle, my dad's younger brother. He is someone who you can never judged from the outside. He looks like a very stern man which you will definitely fear of, he is big too. But he is someone so full of humour that will give you the warmest most fuzzy feeling you will never expect. He is also the one who never fail to encourage me to further my studies in Melbourne. He is a man who is wise and a man who prioritise family.

He just came to Melbourne a few days ago, and he joked to me and said his mission here this time is to make me gain weight so he is going to make me eat alot! He even said when he first saw me he thought I was under-nourished here. Hahaha..It was hilarious...His friendliness has touched me. I never felt this kind of homely feeling for such a long time I almost forgot.


His arrival has gave me many opportunity to hang out with my cousins. He has been treating me really good, he managed to broke all barriers that I had with my cousins and he made me feel so touched from the inside. He cared for my well being and was so kind to me all the time. It made me felt guilty that I had been cool to them all the while.


The feeling is just so indescribable it's like God sent and angel to lighten up my days at the cool, lonely, winter. It's just a metaphor because I really don't know how to describe.

He told me how my parents and grandparents are doing and how they missed me and talked so much about me back home.

He even made plans and activities for me after my exams. It just seems like he knows I am going to be bored. Honestly, I am utterly touched to the core and I just don't know how to repay him for what he have done but all I can do is to try my best to accompany him after my exams and let him and my cousins know actually I am not so snobbish and arrogant. I can be friendly just like him too... I just don't know how to open up. and let them know...


Oh what can I do..sigh! I just realised I have become such an introvert person myself I really need to learn to open up again and spread some cheerfulness to people around me especially my family members.

No comments: