Friday, June 18, 2010

Where is everyone?

I know lately I have been posting quite alot of friendship, pros vs cons.. I never had to deal with this sort of problems before but since I came to Melbourne, I guess it really a serious transition stage for me. I still need to expand my social network maybe this time towards the "right and straight" directions, I can't always be mixing with the same group of people I am mixing with now because we are different. Different in so many ways. In almost every ways. Not to say that I am picky in choosing friends just that I am almost 7000 miles away from home and the next best thing is obviously friends who share common interests. Of course I am glad to have the friends I an having now because without them I think I wouldn't be able to survive my first 4 months in melboure.

Well at least I still have a friend which I am ever comfortable to be with.. the ever busy Edwin.

Edwin is my very close friend (this is one of the closest category I would put in), but he is busy and I mean really busy, I guess since I came Melbourne I can count the times we met with just my ten fingers.

But one thing that never change is the fact that each time we hang out he gives me the familiar and comfortable homely feel that I missed so much back in the Monash uni days. Although our gang was missing Edwin for the last two years, but we still share the common feeling of friendship that we had since 4 years ago. He is truly one friend I can share one of my deepest intimate feelings with. I have no amour or barrier when I am with Edwin. I guess the feelings come because I can always be myself when we hang out, I didn't need to deal with those drama, those backstabbing, those gossips.. I guess that's the reason why i think I need a breakthrough in my social network maybe try to search for friends which share common interest and thinking with. Maybe who knows in the future I will stop complaining about boring Melbourne. But I guess it's gonna be a tough task for me as I am stucked with same old introvert Chinese classmates which are anything but sociable.

Isn't it funny when most girls at my age who are single should be complaining about looking for a boyfriend when I here am complaining looking for true friendship? How ironic but I guess that's just what I need most now at a foreign land living alone.

It's just 4 and a half month I am here, Edwin said give it 6 months and maybe things will be better by then. I believe it will because I will try my best to be the old me which is hyperactive and totally sociable. Hahahaha.. by the way I am not desperate in looking for a friendship k?! Just I need a change, a breakthrough..


By the way don't be surprised why i suddenly posted something about Edwin, just that nowadays we've been studying together for exam and it reminded me of those days when we used to study together in Monash first year. I can say this for sure, exam period was never lonely during my days in Monash, it was the best period in the entire semester because we get to hang out with our uni friends the most. But things are just entirely different in Melbourne. Is it my problem or the uni problem? Hmm... I still wonder..

No comments: