Saturday, October 2, 2010

Denmark, Danes, Danish

I'm on a mission to complete a 1.5k to 2k word essay about the economical, political, social and cultural aspect of Denmark. Since I haven't been to Denmark I had hell lotta research to do because you can't just write an essay based on your initial perception on the country. Thanks to my study tour groupmates whom are pretty helpful in gathering resources. I have pretty much what I need to work on the essay, the toughest part is analysing the sources and note points out of it.

Initially, I thought it was gonna be hard trying to understand a country from scratch. But after reading articles and articles of Denmark, I found the country to be pretty interesting, it definitely has opened up my eyes and heart to a country on the other side of the world which I will be exploring soon enough.

I'm currently working on the 3rd point of the essay and it's the social part. I hope I have enough insipiration to help me complete the remaining of the essay. Sad but true I will learn to enjoy the process while learning more about Denmark.

"Common to all Danes is their tendency to
take the ups and downs of life with a touch
of irony, often self-irony. Foreign spouses
in mixed marriages often complain that
they find it difficult to understand what
their partners really mean because they
tend to say the opposite of what they think,
in keeping with the nature of irony."

No comments: