Thursday, October 7, 2010

Elaine's 3 Step Recipe to being Successful in Life

No 1: Know and Be Sure of What You Want
A ship can never reach its destination if the captain doesn't set the course right.
Whenever thinking of the future, one can be sure to feel uncertainties because of the probability of failure. But if you are able to focus your mind on the target and see yourself being at that position, it will surely give you courage to take a stride forward. Although at times it may seems so impossible, you will realise at the point where you are standing at now was once a glimpse of dream you had long long ago.

No 2: Be yourself
A sheep that is brave enough to jump over the fence will get greener grasses on the other side.
This is true. Everyone have the mentality that if everyone is doing something, then that something has to be the best and right thing. Let's say if it is, so what? It is what they do good in but not necessary what you do good in. I do best in what I am good in. So I follow what my mind, knowledge and interest. Some may call you stupid, dumb or profound but the stupidity is the stepping stone to something no one but only you who dare to take the first step to be different!

No 3: Optimism
Wise man are always right especially the older one. Always look at the cup as half full because in my opinion when I'm thirsty, if I kept thinking that the cup is half empty it will just make me feel even more thirstier. I guess it's a psychological thing but I have to admit it's damn true. Yes I'm pretty sure people always say there is ups and downs in life, sometimes I can't help but feel is it just me being jinx or bad luck that I often don't get things my way. But come to think about it, it's because I'm often whining and focusing on the bad side of not getting what I want. Just human nature of always not being contented with what one already have. When one bad thing happens, the world will end? Try think out of the box, optimism is what drives your enthusiasm and enthusiasm is what drives your performance. You could just D.I.Y, no need for whatsoever formula, just run a little positiveness through your brain and "WAHLA", you will see an open window. The world doesn't end when one window is closed, it's just a test of determination and make sure you pass it!


I certainly know it is easier said then done. But when this three are put together you may just thank me for revealing the 3 simple step to being successful!

p/s: this post is applied to me myself as well :

No comments: