Friday, July 23, 2010

Faces

Ever remember those days in high school when you gather at the back of the class with your bunch of BFFs and gossip about the cute new guy who just transferred to the school, who's dating who, latest breakup news, the teacher's pet or the new cafe or boutique which is opening opposite the school (Yeah, my school had a superb strategic location)...

My point is back in those days, we were like vultures sitting on the fences waiting for someone or anyone to fall prey to a mishap or some unlucky event which we then "feast" on for the purpose of being entertained. Sounds cruel? Well....it's high school baby..high school...

Personally, I DID enjoy a little dose of gossip among my groupies. But as I age I started to feel that it's so childish and rude to talk behind people's back. It's like your putting on an angelic mask and carrying an edged-sword at the back of your pocket ready to pound on the very person who trust you enough to tell you something they would die to keep it.

By saying so, I still witness this everyday and everywhere. I always thought from the spectator's point of view and would give easy opinions like why the hell is she so dumb to believe his words (a classic type of scenario), and honestly I have always been a spectator.

Not til recently, I think my role had changed from a spectator to the one of the characters of the "gossip" I had been following. This is the irony....:)


To be continued...

1 comment:

Kevin Lee said...

everyone talks about everyone else. its human nature.