Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My next first experience.

Earlier on, Will and Nick managed to grab three free movie tickets to catch Shrek 3 at some unknown or hidden old-fashioned style cinema on Russell Street and so I was invited along. Honestly, I have never heard of the cinema's name before and I still didn't get it now. At first,I thought it was some special premier screening BUT I totally surprised as I stepped into the porch of the cinema. It kinda reminded me of those ballrooms during the Renaissance Days, so "vintage". As we walked into the cinema hall no.1, I was so amazed and fascinated by the interior design of the cinema. There were chandeliers instead of flashy spot lights, oak or ply wood leather coated chairs instead of soft comfort carpeted chairs in our modern cinemas. Most importantly, the entire cinema was empty and it was just 3 of us and we get to pick the best spot which is of course the center of the last row at the back. It took me literally a few minutes to admire every corner of the cinema. Despite that, the screen and surround sound system of the cinema is just like any modern edged cinema. Now this is what I call innovation in an authentic way. During the whole session, I can't help but start imagining myself in the theaters during the 1950's except I could yell and scream and laugh as loud as I like without invading other's privacy. Hahaha..!!

By the way, did I mentioned? The price for the tickets here are much cheaper than the usual ones and it has really romantic atmosphere and plenty of privacy for couples as well..






No comments: