Monday, July 12, 2010

I made it back alive!!!































Now that I am able to write this post, I have definitely made it back from Lilydale ALIVE. We started off at around noon and the weather was just as bad as it was forecasted and things didn't started off quite well because I wasn't really used to cycling the mountain bike plus I hadn't ride a bike for years. Incidentally I fell from the bike quite often and got myself some bruises and cuts. We generally travelled at a slow pace for the trip to Warbuton because of first, my speed, second, the weather (winds were blowing at almost 60km/h, it was a gale!) and third, riding under the rain. We only made it to Warbuton at 8pm and we had to ride through the pitch black jungle which clearly freaked the hell out of me because all we had were small flashing torch lights from the bike and I just didn't want to look around or hear anything. But we still made it to the motel in the end and were drop dead tired.

Things didn't seem that bad the next day, we did alot of sight seeing and photo taking and the weather was sunny and beautiful. We even stopped by some local bakery and cafe to enjoy the local delights. However, we travelled at double the speed of the first day because most of the time we were going down hill. I managed to experience the friendliness of the locals, great food, panoramic scenaries and animals which I never seen in my life before such as Kangaroos and Emus. Lol.

Here are some of the pics from my trip. It was challenging but I think I will never make it without the strong constant support from Nick and Will. Thanks guys :)

No comments: