Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Incomplete





I have a little poem which I'd like to dedicate to all my friends regardless whether you are my childhood friend, high school friend, college friend, uni friend, church friend, ex colleague or just someone whom I have met at some random point of time. It goes..


the grey sky looming above,
rain drops still dripping down
from the pregnant clouds above,
we set out on our journey once again;

around and around we go
in slow circles, moving
to the beat of the thunder
and rain that surrounds us;

as the droplets hit the ground,
shattered realizations lay scattered
reminding me nothing is same
as it seems to be;

as another memory turns to dust
i cut the lifeline that attaches me to the past
and i shove it back into the depths
where nothing will ever bring it back alive;

the rain does nothing to stop our journey,
never forgetting, who we are
we walk these streets of madness,
knowing that,without each-other…..
we are simply incomplete.


Personally, friends to me are parts and parcels which build up my life. Some friends are met up at the least expected way, some are just simply spontaneous, some are just by chance, some because of other intentions.

I always believe that every friend we meet plays an important role in every chapter of our lives. Although I remembered that I used to have a few childhood friends which grew up together with me but nowadays just a simple greet seem so reluctant and we even often try to avoid glances. Is this because we have all grown up and became too arrogant to reminisce back on those memories. Don't forget that important lessons were learnt from those childish moments.

Although I have lost all contact with my childhood as well as primary school friends. I hope that someday somewhere along the street maybe on the other side of the world when I bump into a familiar face, I can still bring up the courage to say a simple "Hello, my old friend" and relive those moments.

As for now, I shall cherish every friendship that exist around me and never repeat my mistakes again.

To Esther;
You have always been the cheerleader of my life. Regardless of whatever situation I get myself into, you'd always accept me for who I am and share this wonderful "life" with me.

To Christie;
You and I are special because we share the longest friendship since we were 13 and it never stop growing. I remember we picked each other up during the most dreadful moments in high school. Thanks for being my big sister, my playmate, my place to seek comfort in time of needs.

To TinChi;
I can't think of any moment without you which is not fun and excited! Your cheerfulness never let me down. The way we met is already a funny joke and I always enjoy your company and the wild things we do together.

To Sally;
Girl, at one moment people around us thought we were lesbian! Hahaha, but you and I both know we are even better than that. We learn and enjoy life so much together during uni years. Wished I had the courage to say Hi to you earlier. Thanks for always being so patient with me. Our girlie sessions are the most awesome experience in my life.

As for others, you and I both share a story that only we know and this will always be our little secret.

*************************************************************************************


Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. – Anaïs Nin

It is one of the severest tests of friendship to tell your friend his faults. So to love a man that you cannot bear to see a stain upon him, and to speak painful truth through loving words, that is friendship. – Henry Ward Beecher

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends – Martin Luther King, jr.

In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer

The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend. ~Henry David Thoreau

No comments: