Thursday, January 14, 2010

Short Hello, Long Goodbye

Today, we celebrated the farewell of our dear colleague, Melissa. I have only known her for one and a half months, but it seems like forever. It's amazing how daily interaction can bond strangers so quickly. I remembered during the first day of work, I was just like any newcomers who didn't dare make any eye contact with the other staffs. But Melissa was the first to approach me and made me felt welcomed in this hostile new place. I also enjoy her jokes and lessons about life. I could see she is a warm loving lady who places emotional needs ahead of anything else in life. Sadly our intersections in life have to end here,maybe someday somewhere we will meet again and when we do, I will always remember the lady who first said a Short Hello and Long Goodbye.

I will upload the pictures of our last moments together once I get a hand on it.

It's getting late and my biological clock is ticking me to bed. Goodnight everyone.

No comments: